Your dream smile is one composite veneer treatment away.
Being the most cost-effective veneer treatment in Perth, composite veneers are versatile, and a less invasive alternative to porcelain veneers.
As a Perth dental clinic, with a division that focuses on cosmetic dentistry Perth, our team has completed many dental veneer treatments. Therefore, we are exploring composite veneers in this article for you to consider before going ahead with treatment.
Firstly, what are composite veneers?
Dental veneers are a popular way to alter the appearance of one’s teeth. Composite veneers consist mainly of resin which may have some mixed components to make them more durable.
Many people turn to composite veneers to reshape their smile, fix any misalignments, or cover cracked teeth. The process involves a thin layer of material being placed over your natural teeth.
There are two main types of composite veneers:
- Direct composite veneers: Direct composite veneers are a quick and easy way to change your smile. Direct composite veneers are veneers made of a composite resin material applied directly to your teeth. They’re applied by a single dentist, who will prepare your teeth in just minutes so that you can have your ideal shade and shape.
- Indirect composite veneers: The main difference with indirect composite veneers is the application process, rather than the actual materials used. In this method, the veneers are custom-made ‘indirectly’ outside of the mouth in the clinic. You’ll receive a set of temporary veneers until the indirect veneers are made. You will then be asked to come in for a follow-up appointment where the indirect composite veneers are applied to your teeth. This is done with a layer of adhesive. Indirect composite veneers can withstand more abrasions and resist fractures better than its direct counterpart.
Who can get composite veneers in Perth?
If you have dental imperfections, then getting veneers in Perth are an option you can consider for covering up the outlined tooth imperfections, giving you an even, bright smile.
Imperfections can include:
- Crooked teeth
- A chipped tooth
- Stained or discoloured teeth due to smoking or drinking habits
- The erosion of your enamel
- A small smile, that you wish to adjust by increasing the width of your smile
- Addressing concerns with worn-down teeth due to clenching and grinding
Veneers cover part of your teeth, but they’re different from crowns, which are thicker and cover an entire tooth — back and front. If your teeth are in relatively good condition, have retained their shape, and you want to change their appearance, veneers might be a good choice for you.
What are the pros of getting composite veneers?
- Composite veneers cost less than porcelain veneers
- If you opt for direct veneers, the application process is shorter
- Composite veneers can masquerade aesthetic insecurities surrounding your smile
How long do composite veneers last?
The average lifespan of composite veneers can be between 5-7 years.
Ready to speak to us about dental veneers?
Our cosmetic dentists Perth are here to help you with their dental needs, ensuring you walk away with a healthy and glowing smile that you are ready to show off. Chat to us today about our cosmetic procedures to get you the smile you’ve always wanted. Be sure to ask us about our smile makeover packages.